Service dogs change people's lives.
- Are individually trained to perform tasks that mitigate their handler's disability
- Not encouraged to interact with other individuals when on duty
- Go everywhere with their handler
-Are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and must be allowed access to all public areas
- Also protected by DOT's Air Carrier Access Act, DOJ/Fair Housing Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act which protect the rights of people with disabilities to be accompanied by the service animals
- Provide psychological support to individuals that are not their handler
-Encouraged to interact with other individuals when on duty
- Often visit hospitals, homes for the elderly, counseling offices, and similar environments to provide support
- Are not mandated by law to be allowed in public spaces, but typically can receive exceptions through the proper channels
* Dog's Downtown is a certified Therapy Pet Unlimited Evaluator*
44225 Mercure Cir.
Sterling, VA 20166
7 a.m.- 6:30 p.m.
6:30 a.m.- 7 a.m. Available by Appt Only
Saturday & Sunday
By Appointment Only